About the patient and previous treatment
A 77-year-old female with a history of rheumatoid arthritis has been a frequent wound clinic patient for her venous ulcers for over 3 years. Her left lateral ankle wound has been present for 7 months. There was significant wound-related pain (7 out of 10) and small amount of drainage. She was treated with various products that included enzymatic debriding ointment, steroid cream, silver alginate, Iodosorb, silver foam, thick foam, and Sorbact. Wound condition remained poor with no significant improvements.
Remarkable healing progress with Enluxtra
The patient has been started on Enluxtra which was applied with a generous overlap onto healthy skin around the wound and changed twice per week. After 1 week the patient's wound-related pain disappeared and in just under 3 weeks the wound size decreased by 75%. Such progress has not been seen with any of the products used to treat this wound in the past. The healing continued with no setbacks and the wound was fully re-epithelialized by the end of 8-th week.
Scroll down to view photos of wound progress and clinical notes.
Learn more about Enluxtra
- View Enluxtra case studies to see how it can heal the most difficult, stubborn wounds that resisted previous treatment with other products.
- Find out about Enluxtra difference.
- To buy Enluxtra dressings visit our online store, or explore other purchasing options.
- Order free samples available to medical professionals.
- Read other posts in our blog.
After 1 week of Enluxtra dressing treatment, the wound size was 5cm x 2.7cm x 0.3cm with moderate drainage.
The patient reported no wound-related pain.
Slough in the wound bed has decreased from 50% to 25% with remaining 75% of pink/red granulation tissue. The peri-wound was dry with induration, and erythema has decreased since Enluxtra dressing has been started.
By day 18 the wound size has decreased to 4cm x 1.4cm x 0.2cm with moderate drainage.
The patient continued to report no wound-related pain. The wound bed started re-epithelializing with 25% slough, 50% pink/red granulation, and 25% epithelial tissue. The peri-wound remained dry, edematous, no induration. Wound edges started contracting, epithelial tissue was present in the wound bed.
By day 35 wound edges continued to contract, the wound bed measured 2.9cm x 0.6cm x 0.1cm with minimal drainage and no pain.
The wound bed contained 25% slough, 50% pink/red granulation, and 25% epithelial tissue. The peri-wound was healthy with no edema or desiccation.
The wound fully epithelialized in under 2 months.