A 60-year-old white male with a wound on the left medial ankle present for approximately 1 year, its condition deteriorating. Patient’s pain was so severe the wound could not be cleansed appropriately or debrided. Patient went to tertiary care settings for treatment options of the underlying vasculitic process, but did not pursue the definitive recommended treatment which was stem cell.
How the wound was treated before Enluxtra
The wound has been treated with a variety of products, including enzymatic debriding ointment, silver alginates, Vashe wet-to-dry, honey-based products, and steroid creams. An enzymatic debriding ointment utilized from the onset of the wound did not decrease pain or the non-viable tissue. No improvement of wound condition has been achieved. The patient was on Norco, Lyrica, Xanax, and both oral and intravenous prednisone for his pain.
What Enluxtra treatment has achieved
During Enluxtra treatment the patient experienced significant reduction of wound-related pain and by week 12 was able to completely stop prednisone. He did not have a single sharp debridement procedure in the entire course of treatment yet his wound steadily progressed towards healing and was fully re-epithelialized in just under 5 months.
Scroll down to view photos of wound progress and clinical notes.
Learn more about Enluxtra
- View Enluxtra case studies to see how it can heal the most difficult, stubborn wounds that resisted previous treatment with other products.
- Find out about Enluxtra difference.
- To buy Enluxtra dressings visit our online store, or explore other purchasing options.
- Order free samples available to medical professionals.
- Read other posts in our blog.